Yield: 12 servings
- 1 recipe Ultimate Pie Dough
- 2 cans (15-oz. each) pure pumpkin
- 1 tsp. grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 1 1/4 c. whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 c. dark brown sugar
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. salt
- Whipped cream, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place 1 rectangle Ultimate Pie Dough on lightly floured work surface. Lightly flour dough and roll into 12″-x-10″ rectangle, flouring and scraping as needed to prevent sticking. Gently wrap dough around rolling pin and transfer to half of 15″-x-10″ rimmed baking sheet, placing 10″ side of dough along longest side of pan and allowing dough to hang over 3 sides. Roll remaining piece dough; place on other half of baking sheet, overlapping slightly with first piece. Press seam together to seal. Trim any excess dough, leaving 1/2″ overhang if possible. Crimp and press edges of crust to create even rim, using any trimmed dough to seal cracks or gaps. Cover with large sheet parchment paper and pie weights or dried beans. Bake 14 minutes. Remove paper and weights. Bake another 8 to 10 min. or until golden.
- Meanwhile, in 4-quart saucepan, cook pumpkin and ginger on medium-high 10 minutes, stirring often; remove from heat. Let cool slightly. In medium bowl, whisk cream, milk, eggs, brown sugar, granulated sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and 1 teaspoon salt until smooth. Add to pumpkin mixture, whisking until smooth; pour into pre-baked pie crust. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until set. Cool completely before cutting. Cut into 12 to 16 pieces. Serve with whipped cream, if desired. Pie can be baked, cooled and refrigerated, uncovered, up to 1 day ahead.